November Beer of the Month- Sierra Nevada Celebration


This has been a good month. I turned 40 (that sort of sucked), my wife bought me some great music gear, I received my plate at the Flying Saucer, and one of my favorite seasonal beers showed up in the stores. What beer would that be? Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale! This a winter beer released once a year, and supposedly the make minor recipe tweaks (mainly in the hop schedule). Grab this while you can, because once its gone, you have to wait another year. Besides, this beer is best when fresh.


Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale ( Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Chico, CA)

Description:
6.8 % ABV. American IPA. Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale represents a time honored tradition of brewing a special beer for the holiday season. There are generous portions of barley malts and fine whole hops of several varieties, creating a brew with a full, rich and hearty character.


Smitty's Review:
Sampled at 45 degrees. Pours a translucent amber orange with an off-white head. This has a nice nose of fresh floral hops, with just a hint of caramelly malts in the background. Medium bodied with average carbonation, but with the Sierra Nevada characteristic mouthfeel that makes this go down so darn quick. Pale malt profile of caramel and biscuit dominated by an aggressive herbaceous hoppiness. Bitter, yet dry and slightly grassy finish that has flavors of tea. Some bitterness clings to the palate. This seems to have a tad less sweetness and more dryness compared to last years batch.

Recommended Food Pairing: Beef, Grilled Fish, Pork, Cured Meats, Salty and funky White Cheeses.

Where To Buy: Midtown Wine and Spirits, Mr Whiskers, Frugal McDoogal, Stones River (Murfreesboro), Flying Saucer

1 comment:

Jacob said...

I tagged you for some stupid meme post. I needed to accept my tag to keep my Blog 365 big going, but feel free to ignore my tag.

My post.