It's July- Beer and Fireworks!

I made my monthly round to my beers stores and it did not come home empty handed. For starters, Stone Brewing 14th Anniversary Emperial IPA is here on a very limited basis,  so grab it while you can. I wasted no time! As mentioned in my last post,  Terrapin Side Project 11 Boom Shakalager Bavarian Style Imperial Lager was now on the shelves.

Making its debut in the Music City, Rahr & Sons Brewery released the Ass Kisser Double IPA. I have not tried it yet, but I will post a comment once I open my bottle. You all know I am a sucker for Double IPAs.

Sam Adam Long Shot Series is FINALLY being distributed in Nashville. Available in mixed six packs, these beers are the winners in a nationwide homebrew competition of over 1500 entries. The winners for 2010 are Lemon Pepper Saison, Mile High Barleywine, and Old Ben's Ale. I just finished the Lemon Pepper Saison and I found it to be a very good twist on the style. It was a very balanced blend of pale wheat malts, herbal hops, citrus, and peppercorns that transition to a nice dry finish.

Expect the great west coast offerings from Moylan's to be here very soon. I know that I am excited, especially about the hoppier side of their product line.

Have a good 4th of July. I know I will

Cheers,

Smitty

No comments: