Browsing For New Beers.....

With the mother-in-law heading to town, I needed to pick up some hard stuff to get me through the week (Whitney Neill gin to be exact). Off to Frugal MacDoogal I went. I did see some new beers on the liquor store side, including OP2, which is an 11% European Lager and stronger version of Orange Blossom Pilsner (which is new on the beer store side). Rogue Double Dead Guy in the fancy red bottle was a new sighting for me, although I had tried it on draft at Blind Pig in Champaign, IL. It is a nice beer if you enjoy American Strong Ales.

I then walked next door to see what was new at the beer store. Out of curiosity, I grabbed a bottle of Orange Blossom Pilsner, which was a Bronze Medal Winner at the 2004 Great American Beer Festival. Yazoo Hop Project #13 was on the shelves and is available for a very limited time. I am working on my third 4-pack. I can't wait until the #14 is released. Thanks to Linus Hall at Yazoo for given us a bottled local IPA. I spotted another limited release - Guinness 250th Anniversary. I am anxious to try this one, so check back for my review. Below is the official news release:

This year marks our 250th anniversary, so it’s time to celebrate! We’re happy to announce to you, the loyal 1759 Society, the launch of our Special Edition Guinness® 250 Anniversary Stout on April 24th.

We couldn’t be prouder of this stout. Using a unique brewhouse process that combines the use of stout and ale malt, it’s a distinctive carbonated stout with a clean, smooth finish. This is especially exciting, as we haven’t introduced a new stout to the US since 1967, when we first started importing Guinness® Draught.

It’s only available for a limited time, so on April 24th, pick some up at your local retailer or go out with some friends and try a pint of our brand new brew!

Thank you for being part of a magical 250 years.

Sláinte.

That's it for now. Let me know if you spot any other new beers.

Smitty

No comments: