I am excited, how about you guys? I know most of you have attended beer festivals and know the routine. But just in case there is anyone somewhat new to a high alcohol beer festival, I thought I would share some pointers. Please don't take this as me acting like some know-it-all. I am just trying to be helpful so that everyone has a blast. Cool?
2. Drink lots and lots of water. I drink water in between every beer. It keeps you hydrated in addition to slowing down your drinking pace. Sure it will be more trips to the porta john, but you'll thank me in the morning.
3. Do not start the festival on an empty stomach. There will be great food vendors there as well, so refuel with more food midway through the festival.
4. Beers will run out during the festival, so I suggest you hit the ones you really want to try first. I like to map my top 15 or 20 before hand.
5. If there are people behind you in a serving line, be polite and step aside once you get your pour. Try not to congregate or chat at the serving table. It's an etiquette thing....
6. Make sure you have a designated driver or take a cab home. .08 is the legal limit in TN and it does not take much to reach it, especially at a high gravity beer festival. A DUI will go on your permanent record and will cost you $3-$5000 and 48 hours jail time. It also jeopardizes the safety of others on the road. Don't risk it. That ends the PSA.
See you there!