A Nice Summary of the SB1224 Situation

Local beer blogger Doug Brumley has written an excellent article explaining the circumstances surrounding SB1224. I highly recommend that you read it, because he explains it better than I.  Click here to be redirected to The Fledgling Brewer blog

A few readers have posted this email from Senator Johnson:
"I have spoken with Sen. Yager regarding your concerns. He has assured me that he will remove any language that is harmful to current or prospective brewers. I will continue to monitor the legislation to be sure.

Thanks for the email."

Hearsay is that Governor Haslem supports SB1224 with Amendment 2. Call his office and ask to speak with constituent services and explain your opposition to  the amendment. We want all TN brewers to have equal access to the high gravity permits.
 
Check back for updates and don't let up on these lawmakers. Let's keep the momentum going.
 
Smitty

No comments: