Who Says Tennessee Does Not Get Good Beer?

I am not happy. My wallet is empty and yet more beer finds it's way to Tennessee. As soon as I am done typing, I am going to look under the couch cushions and make my way to the Coinstar machine.

High gravity offerings from Brooklyn are finally here. Look for Brooklyn No. 1 (Saison) and No. 2 (Dark Belgian Ale) in corked 750ml bottles. Also on the shelves are the India Pale Ale and Monster Ale (Barleywine). Our state only received 20 cases of the Monster Ale, so the supply is very limited for this year. Expect the Black Chocolate Stout in the fall, which I highly recommend.


Brideport has also entered the high gravity side with their Hop Czar Imperial IPA. This is priced at 9.99 per six and packs an 87 IBUs. Terrapin has promoted the Monk's Revenge from the Side Project Series to an official beer in the product line. This Belgian style Imperial IPA is now available as a seasonal in 4 paks.

While I have not spotted Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale, it is being sold in the Knoxville market. That means we should get it any day now. This is yet another Black IPA on the Nashville beer scene, but is the same recipe as the Stone 11th Anniversary beer that was released a few years back. I was lucky enough to try it dry hopped on cask during my visit to Stone Brewing World Bistro and Garden, compliments of Greg Koch.

Word on the street is that Boulevard Rye on Rye will not make it to Tennessse this year. Bouleveard Dark Truth (Imperial Stout) has arrived in EXTREMELY limited quantities, although I have not seen one yet.

That's it for now. Cheers!

Smitty

1 comment:

Jacklyn said...

I just tried Brooklyn's IPA at Flying Saucer last night and really liked it!!