Yazoo Celebrates Five Years

Starting a micro brewery is not cheap, let alone keeping one afloat financially. I must commend Linus Hall for 5 years in the business, and putting local beer in many local restaurants as an alternative to crappy macro pale lagers. There is an anniversary party on Saturday, November 8, at the brewery. There will be food (catered by South Street) and bands. Party kicks off at 2pm and goes until late. What has me excited are the following special beers that will be on tap:

RYE SAISON - a delicious Belgian farm ale brewed with a portion of Rye grain and a classic Beglian saison yeast.

WET HOP HARVEST ALE - They were lucky enough to score about 100 lbs of fresh, wet Amarillo hops, straight from the fields at harvest in Yakima valley. Supposedly a hop head's delight. I will be the judge of that! Heh Heh.

Unless my wife delivers our third child early, expect to see me there. Support your local breweries and get your ass down there as well. Look for me in the Chicago Bears hat.

Address: 1200 Clinton St, Nashville, TN 37203

No comments: